Waiting In The Wings

Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Quilting weather and a another project

Yes, another rainy day here in Auckland, the lawn is more
like a marsh at the moment.

On to the quilting, I've re-arranged the setting for my latest quilt, 


I decided to have the row of stars between the large and small rows
of square in a square. Three, maybe four rows to be added.

Working on this quilt layout and dealing with the
intricate piecing of Gypsy Wife I decided I needed something
quick and easy to play with.

A jelly roll won from a giveaway with
Sally T at the theobjectsofdesign,
plus a roll bought many years ago were perfect for this
strip and half square triangle quilt.

Strips divided into roughly lights and darks


then sewn


and cut


onto the half square triangles


these are put together to make a four inch block, then
four blocks sewn together and I have the
block below.


I think the finished size is supposed to be around 78" square
so I've quite a few more blocks to sew up!
The pattern is in a book by Edyta Sitar

I'm off now to link up with
Linda and Julie
for
Sew Stitch Snap SHARE

Happy Quilting

Maureen

21 comments:

Julie said...

I am so over the rin too, my lawn desperately needs mowing, however I think the mower would get stuck, it's so slushy. Love the look of this quilt, it's going to be a good size when it's finished!! thanks for linking to Sew Stitch snap share.

Nancy J said...

Everything outside is a boggy mess!!! Love the way you added some rows, and what a great way to do those bottom blocks.

Julierose said...

Beautiful pieces you are working on...love those flowery strips...so pretty,,,
hugs, Julierose

Debbie said...

I am loving this!

Louise said...

Oo, pretties! Love these blocks!

It's not soggy here, but hot hot hot. I'm huddling in the air conditioning to keep from getting that awful sticky feeling...

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Your new block is so perfect in floral prints.

Monica said...

Wow, those are some gorgeous fabrics in those two jelly rolls! That is going to be a fascinating quilt. :D

Sally Trude said...

Your outlined stars are quite wonderful and look quite complicated. And you're very brave to use jellyrolls that you receive from strange people on the internet.

audrey said...

Love that new setting! Fast and easy stitching is almost always a win.:)

Quiltdivajulie said...

Really like the row project you have going and the new project is very appealing as well.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Looking great! I'm enjoying the different direction you are taking with this quilt too!

Cathy said...

You make that complex looking Edyta Sitar block look so easy (and tempting)! Beautiful row quilt.

O'Quilts said...

Goodness, a complicated quilt...guess you still have it in you!!! I do love it...take care..Diane

dq said...

Your latest quilt is stunning! I love your fabric choices but mostly your fabric placement. Those larger florals work so well in the spaces you put them. This a great layout too!

Kate said...

Your latest quilt is gorgeous! Love all those bold colors and fabrics together.

Rachaeldaisy said...

Gorgeous projects!! I love your rows, and your jelly roll blocks are so clever.

Janie said...

Good progress! Gypsy Wife makes up a gorgeous quilt.
Edyta Sitar books and patterns are beautiful, she has a good
sense of color. Fun!!

gayle said...

Count on you to have lots of pretty stuff going on!

Ann said...

All three look wonderful. You have such sophisticated fabrics and a good eye for combining them. I'm glad you left some white behind the stars but pieced most of it out. Striking.

Kaja said...

Your'simple' project still looks pretty sophisticated to me! I love with the little bits of white too - very clever and effective. I've just noticed that Ann has called your work sophisticated too: if two of us say it, it must be true!

Marie said...

Loving this pattern done up in all of your gorgeous florals. It's going to be beautiful.