Waiting In The Wings

Sunday, December 20, 2015

Christmas countdown and RSC 2015

Been in a bit of a go slow mood the past week, I decided
to work on something simple and made a little more progress
on my Scrap Vortex blocks,  these three will be 18"x 12" blocks.




Scrappy Mountain Majesties, you will see I have changed the setting which
I was going with earlier, when all the blocks were placed
on the design wall in the zig-zag formation it looked just
too messy, at least I found it so, and decided on a change.
The blocks are all stitched together and this week I hope to
have the rows together


The last link of the year is the 28th December - this year has just flown by!

Time to link up with 
everyone rushing to have finishes!

I'll leave you with a photo of one of my Hibiscus flowers


I may not get another post in before Christmas so I'll wish
you all a Happy Christmas, keep safe and well and see you soon!!

Maureen

13 comments:

Leeanne said...

SCRAPADAPADOOOOOOO!!! Looking fab! Happy Christmas to you. Thank you for your support and encouragement throughout our bloggy friendship!

scraphappy said...

Sew much scrappy happiness. Slow and steady will get you there soon. Glad you found a setting that you liked.

gayle said...

I just adore the colors in your Scrappy Mountains! Those are the happiest mountains I ever saw!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

The hibiscus is beautiful!! Merry Christmas!!

Rachaeldaisy said...

It's great to see you've been having lots of wonderful scrappy fun!!! Hibiscus are such a captivating flower. That one is a beautiful colour!

Quilting Stories said...

Beautiful scrap blocks! I wish you the best for a Merry Christmas!

Sally Trude said...

Making scrap vortex blocks is so sensible. And I don't think its fair to say it was a slow week in one sentence and that you've stitched the majestic mountain blocks into rows in the next. Hope you have the merriest of holidays.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Your Vortex is coming along nicely. LOVE the new layout for Scrappy Mountains!! Have FUN sewing the rows together and enjoy the Holidays!

PaulaB quilts said...

Your mountains look lovely in the staggered setting and all the colors blend beautifully. Thanks,for the hibiscus. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Kaja said...

I like your new mountain layout a lot! Wishing you a very merry Christmas and a happy start to the New Year.

Ann said...

Beautiful fabrics and layout in your mountains. I'm always intrigued to see scrap vortex coming together. Merry Christmas!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Remally likevthat staggered setting!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Really ... Oops!