Waiting In The Wings

Sunday, July 5, 2015

July - Luscious Reds

First up this post is my red teapot for RSC 2015


I'm still playing catch-up with my Scrappy Mountains but they will be
in my post next Saturday.

I had box (small box) of 3" tumblers cut ready for making another
tumbler scrap quilt, I had put two rows together already, then I saw that Bonnie Hunter is having
the Leader Ender Challenge for this year as …tumblers, so
got me into gear sorting more scraps and putting my GO cutter up.




This truly is a scrap quilt, some of the fabrics have been around for more than 20 years, some
of course are from my KF collective stash.

My H quilt is one third quilted and it's been a harder task
getting this quilt through my machine than I had anticipated, by no means
is the quilting as I would like it to be but it's the first time for me on
a quilt so large, as practice makes perfect the next
one should be an improvement.

Going over to link with everyone else busy with Reds this month
at 
Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2015
pay them all a visit to catch up with the projects.

Hope you all had a happy 4th July.

16 comments:

Julierose said...

Oh lovely teapot!1 I really think they are adorable! I sent for the GO!BABY tumbler die (4.5") as I cannot rotary cut they all...I will be doing that as leader-ender too--am wasting too much thread and scraps....hugs--hoping you are feeling better Julierose

Sally Trude said...

Interesting fussy cut on the teapot makes it look as though the spout is pointed forward. Nifty.

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

This teapot has to be one of my favorites. The Kaffe for the pot is one i don't actually own. Maybe I should correct that.

Teresa in Music City said...

Oh my gosh!!! That is the cutest little teapot I've ever seen :*)

Quiltdivajulie said...

Teapot love ...

LA Paylor said...

very classy teapot! I still haven't made my first tumbler pattern but have papers to do EPP with. LeeAnna

Nancy J said...

lovely teapot, and tumblers are great.

Gina said...

Great teapot. Would love to own a real one like that

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Another very cute teapot! And I just love what you are doing for your Leader/Ender quilt, those tumblers are wonderfully scrappy!

Karen said...

Your teapot is adorable. I like your tumbler blocks. I put to make a tumbler quilt.

sunny said...

Love that teapot! And thanks for the reminder that I need to get some tumblers cut and ready.

Kathy's A Quilter said...

your theme this week could well be the letter "T"...teapots and tumblers. Both of which are great use of those left over bits and bobs. Quilt On!

scraphappy said...

So many beautiful fabrics are coming out to play for your tumbler quilt

gayle said...

Gorgeous teapot!

Sheila said...

SWEET Teapot! I LOVE it!
Happy to read that BH has chosen tumblers for this year's Leader Ender Challenge. I'm going to enjoy seeing everyone's scrappy tumbler quilts come together.
Love those KF prints.

Ann said...

The tumbler blocks remind me of Sujata's freehand triangles. It will be a lovely quilt. I like the idea of changing the leader/ender project annually!