Waiting In The Wings

Thursday, May 21, 2015

Practice makes ……..

I was going to head this post Practice makes Perfect - but it may not so better
not chance it!!

Six rows of my H quilt all sewn together with four more to go, sorry the bottom
two rows are missed off this picture, it's 90" long and I couldn't
get it all in one!  I see it is blurry, these
pics were taken early morning with my iPhone the next ones should be nice and clear.


Now below is where the practice comes in, I felt this quilt needed
something simple so as not to wipe out the lovely fabrics and I was
really pleased with my rolling waves quilting on
Sailing through Suez - see this post over at Cultural Fusion blog I decided to
do another larger version of that design, not so much overlapping
of quilting lines this time. The beige thread is just so I can
see how the design looks on a row of practice blocks.


The thread I'm going to use is the same as on Suez, it's an Aurifil variegated
- Marrakech or Marrakesh whichever you prefer!


I love this colour way because it just seems to blend in so well.

John and I went into the city yesterday and called in the most
beautiful small book store, an amazing selection of very special books, one of which
I had been trying to hunt down because I had read that colouring in
was the new therapy for stress relief - just what I needed and


as you can see it is sitting on my table runner at home, watch for a post later.

The next book was pure indulgence!!!


Truly glorious!!!
I now feel I should like to re-arrange furniture, make new covers for chairs and
hunt for paint - somehow I don't think that's going to happen!
Next post over the weekend when I hope to have six green stars ready and waiting.

Enjoy the rest of the week.

12 comments:

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

Really like how the H blocks look when they're all together.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

your H blocks look great. that looks like a good choice for quilting too.

Leeanne said...

hey awesome quilting......looking great!

Carli The Quilter said...

Oh my, this H quilt has turned out to a crown jewels of a quilt. You inspire me to pick out all my most vibrant fabrics and get on with a new quilt. But my UFO' are at 37 so I'm taking time off from new stuff and finishing those first. Simply gorgeous!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Love all variety of fabrics in this quilt! and I think the rolling waves quilting is the perfect choice! The colouring-in book looks fascinating!

Rachaeldaisy said...

Hooray for your H blocks, they look great! I really like your wavy quilting. Your new books look wonderful, I hope the colouring in works for your stress.

Kaja said...

I too love how the H blocks are looking. I've seen those colouring books - they look like a lot of fun.

Quilting Stories said...

Beautiful thread for a great quilting. The books seem marvelous!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Beautiful H top and love the quilting plan! I've been a big fan of coloring for years . . . need to add one of these coloring books/colored pencils to my stash (already have the giant box of crayons).

Linda said...

Beautiful! I am a no reply blogger, but you are more than welcome to visit my blog. :)

Mystic Quilter said...

Linda thank you for the invite to visit - shall do!

Julie said...

Love that wavey quilting - is is just done with a walking foot. Also what is the name off the book shop you found, I'm always on the hunt for new book shops in Auckland.