Waiting In The Wings

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Scrappy Blues

Have you ever had one of those weeks??
I had a number of things to clear up this week but since my last post
I've been down with a nasty infection necessitating a visit to the doctor,
urgent blood tests and a three week course of a strong antibiotic.
Felt so rotten I actually had three days in bed - couldn't even read a book or blog posts -
unheard of before!!

Today I was able to sew up two more blue blocks which had
been cut out before I became ill



sorry they're not well photographed or cropped but I didn't have as much
time as I thought as my husband fell of a ladder whilst pruning trees in the
garden! Nothing major, thank goodness, but a badly swollen and very painful left ankle, foot  and lower leg just about where he had a bad break when he was younger.
Just to be on the safe side we will be visiting our doctor again tomorrow!

As I am now in charge of making our evening meal I'd better get on with things
and head off to link up with everyone taking part
in
Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2015

a quick photo of my pink hydrangeas starting to come into flower



have a happy week.

Maureen


17 comments:

scraphappy said...

Oh dear, sounds like you've had your fair share of rotten luck and then some this week. Hope that means something lovely will happen to you soon to make up for it. Glad you were able to get a bit of sewing done, hope everyone is on the mend soon.

Raewyn said...

Oh dear - doesn't sound like a good start to the year... hope you are both mended soon. So many shades of blue -your blocks are lovely!

Leeanne said...

Glad to hear you are on the mend after a rough run. Take care!

Rachaeldaisy said...

Hopefully you won't be visiting the doctor too much more. Take care to both of you. Your blue blocks are wonderful and your pink hydrangea so pretty!

Julierose said...

Ohmygosh Maureen, you have really had more than your share this week. Rest up and get better! I like your blue blocks--really nice...hugs, Julierose

Angie said...

Hope you both mend quickly!

Barb in Mi said...

Hope you are feeling better - and your husband as well!
Great blue blocks, I love to watch all the rainbow scrap goodness at Angela's blog.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I hope you have your strength back and are doing well now. I love the hydrangea photo. It is so nice to see flowers bloom while we are in the deep freeze here. I like your second blue block. It is reminding me to use my dots more often.

I'm so happy you started your blog and I can see what you are working on and your garden.

Ann said...

Wishing you both a speedy, complete recovery.
Your blue color study blocks are a delight! The perfect solids for each.

Debra said...

So sorry to hear you have been so ill and that your husband had a fall. Oh my - what a way to start the year!! Your flying geese are wonderful.. but that hydranga! Wow!

Kathy's A Quilter said...

Maureen, I wish you both a speedy recovery. Love those blue blocks.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Sounds like you both need a vacation! I like your blocks - hope you are both better soon!

Beth in MN said...

Maureen, What a bummer!! Rest, rest and get better real fast. Hope Hubby also heals quickly. Take care. Nice blue blocks for the RSC.
Hugs

Nell's Quilts said...

Oh dear. Hope you're feeling much,much better soon. Great blocks for your RSC.

Sally Trude said...

Beautiful blocks. I was thinking of you when I bought some pink hydrangea fabric recently. But your real hydrangea is much prettier!

Fibre frenzi said...

Hope you both recover really soon x

O'Quilts said...

Good heavens...a bad luck week...hope this one is so much better