Waiting In The Wings

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Cross The Drunkard's Path Quilt Along Week 1

The thought did cross my  mind that maybe I was mad to say to Vicki at Field Trips in Fiber to count me in with the above Quilt Along, however I decided to carry on regardless but knew the only way I could get through this was to get hold of an Accuquilt Die for Drunkard's Path ( herein referred to as DP by me). 
I eventually tracked down one shop in the South Island of New Zealand who stocks the dies and she was just finishing packing  to go up country for a big show but very kindly, when I said I just HAD to have a DP die, she hunted it out of her cases for me!! I was pushing it a bit when I asked how quickly she could get this to me - overnight courier and I had it within 24hrs. So this was yesterday and all I have to show so far is below.

I have now decided after pondering all day that I'll work with my huge stash of blacks, patterned blacks mostly by Hoffman from years and years ago but what to go with them? I have a basket with the full original Jinny Beyer Colour Palette range - problem solved!!!!!

So


Some of my black collection, grabbed a piece out of here at random then picked out a JB fabric which would pick up some of the colour in there


lovely raspberry pink

became


the first cut with my die
but haven't yet decided on a layout, I need to put more time in thinking all this out over the next few days.

I'm off to link up now with all fellow "Drunkards" so please follow me over and have a peek.


8 comments:

Cathi said...

I can't wait to find out what layout you're going to use - whichever one it ends up being is going to be gorgeous!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I like your first combination. I haven't decided what to make yet. I have leftovers from the batik one I did a couple years ago that I may start with.

Leeanne said...

Wow......Colour, colour!!

Barb in Mi said...

This is looking great! Love the fabric choice!
I'll be joining as well - since I have a DP AQ die ( the 4 inch one) and need a good reason to finally use it!

Quiltdivajulie said...

I "had" to get the DP dies as well . . . and I've settled on blues and greens . . . but that's as far as I've gotten. My first post will be next week!

That first block set of yours is fabulous!!

Sharon said...

Oh the fun! You sure have a great stash of blacks to pull from! I too am using black. I decided to make a quilt for my college freshman daughter and she took a black damask comforter with her. Black is her color now, and I asked if she were to add another color to her black/white theme what would it be? She said gray! I was really hoping to add a pop of orange, or purple. ;-) I still might sneak little bits of color in. We shall see! I'll be back to see what layout you have decided on!

Pattilou said...

Looks like fun! You have a huge stash of black! I just have a couple of yards of Kona black and that is what I'm using. Looks like black is a theme!

Vicki W said...

Love that rich color!