Waiting In The Wings

Thursday, July 31, 2014

This and That


Spent the last few days playing around with fabric, our local Guild are holding a Market Day on Saturday at our monthly meeting and I have a table booked so deciding which pieces of fabric I would let go was first on the agenda.
It was great looking through my baskets, coming across fabrics which I have had for years and thinking I just couldn't let a quarter yard piece of that one go - you can guess what the result of the exercise was - most fabrics went back into the basket, however I do have lots of threads, beads and so on which I don't have any use for so out they go. Books had been sorted over the past few weeks so I have a stack of those for the Market.


I bought a six cube cabinet for storing my larger pieces of Kaffe Fasset Collective fabrics so those are all tidy now


Next on my list was to decide what to do with the hundreds of triangles left over from HSTeria, cut more triangles in black and I've started a new project.


After all the wet weather we have had today was glorious, the sun was warm and my basket of violas are blooming away merrily


The weekend will be spent  playing around with the template for my blog, I feel the need to change a few things and have a makeover!
We should have a post soon from Angela giving us the August colour for RSC 2014, there was a hint that it could possibly be orange, looking forward to that.

Enjoy the rest of your week, back again soon with more cats.

3 comments:

Sally Trude said...

You're such a tease! Your new project looks very promising. And thank you for letting me salivate over your stash.

Terri said...

Love the new project and your violas. We used to call them Johnny Jump-ups. They smell wonderful!
Hugs

HollyM said...

I love the colors and fabrics in the new quilt project!
Your violas look so happy. ive a pot of pansies on my deck but they're looking a bit spindly.