Waiting In The Wings

Monday, June 9, 2014

HSTeria Quilt Along and The White Rabbit

Having read the post title you could be forgiven for assuming I have added a white rabbit into our household, but I haven't, I just feel like the white rabbit from Alice in Wonderland who rushed around shouting "I'm late, I'm late" repeatedly!

The HSTeria part of the post title is also appropriate!!
We seem to have had such a very, very busy time dealing with health issues and personal matters within the family and friends and now catching up with all the accumulated jobs which have built up.

I have made some progress, but not much, with the HSTeria part of things and one or two blocks need adjusting. I apologise for the blocks being placed roughly on the design wall but my studio is a disaster area and I have had enough of it so I am renovating the whole thing - starting this week when I have put together a few more blocks and cut out a few yellow cats!


I can see that one of my triangles along the top edge has done a curl over, sorry.

Regarding renovating my studio I'm going to go back to The Real Studio Tour which was organised by
Vicki and try and get together a few ideas - hope no-one minds! Wish we had an IKEA store here in New Zealand but we don't, sadly the nearest ones are in Aussie and I fear it would be pretty expensive to try and ship anything over to NZ.

Brief post I know but I'm pretty hungry right now and need to eat!! I'll catch up again when I have some cats to show you.

Joining up now with everyone at taking part in HSTeria.


5 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

your blocks are beautiful. There is no rush, just enjoy making the blocks. I need to do the summer arrangement of my studio too, have been putting it off but I need to do it now.

Julierose said...

Your HSTeria quilt's colorways are fabulous--we are having a lot of family issues here, too..I totally can appreciate how hard it is to get anything done--or sometimes, to even feel like getting them done at all! Hope your situation calms down soon..best, hugs, Julierose

Quiltdivajulie said...

Take some time to think about how you would like your studio to fit what you do . . . there were lots of good ideas during the Real Studio Tour - but YOUR studio needs to suit YOU!

Your HSTs are gorgeous!

Sally Trude said...

Wow, I just love how your blocks are just melting into one another. And good thing no one can see through my blog into the studio or I would get a comment like "Oh, I see you've gone back to storing your fabric on the floor."

Sally Trude said...

Wow, I just love how your blocks are just melting into one another. And good thing no one can see through my blog into the studio or I would get a comment like "Oh, I see you've gone back to storing your fabric on the floor."