Waiting In The Wings

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Midnight At The Oasis - Final Link-up


Fabrics and Flowers


Here we are - our final link-up for everyone taking part in the MATO Quilt Along and what a great idea from Sharon and Jess - thank so much!

Unfortunately I am still behind with my quilt "Desert Rose" due to a difficult five weeks but it WILL be finished by the end of this month, check in to my blog towards the end of February to see the finished quilt.


The nine patch blocks are still a work in progress and as for the very last border we'll have to wait and see. I didn't follow the prescribed order, width or content of the borders for this quilt therefore the log cabin style final border will need to be resized and I suspect my quilt will turn out a little larger than the pattern which we used as our inspiration. The colours in the quilt are actually richer than they are showing in the photo above - see the thumbnail by my profile for a true representation.

This has been such an enjoyable journey and I have seen such beautiful work from all the people who have taken part  but I suspect I am not the only one who has not completed yet. I am linking up now with Sharon and hope you will go along and have a peek.

Until next time have a good week
Maureen

5 comments:

Julierose said...

this is such a lovely finish--i really like your choice of colorways...I love anything in that mauvey colorway...hugs, Julierose

imquilternity said...

Maureen, your MATO is absolutely wonderful! As I've said before, I love your colors and what you've done with your "substitute" borders. It's such a lovely quilt!

Jo said...

So smitten with yours. Beautiful. It looks like not finishing MATO is a common situation.

Caroline said...

you've truly made this your own and it is fabulous!

Betsy said...

Maureen talk about changing things up. Yours is spectacular!