Waiting In The Wings

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Fabriholics Anonymous - and I have FAILED



The two pics above show what I mean when I say FAILED!!

We were allowed to buy fabric if we were making a quilt for an exhibition or for publication, I had forgotten that we have the annual Quilt Show here in Auckland in November and I have in mind a quilt using a wide variety of solid colours in strips. My stocks of solids are years old and after looking through them I realised there was no way they were suitable - so I just had to put an order in for the jelly rolls - yes, I possibly could have got away with just two or three rolls but I hedged my bets and bought five.

I shall try and be very good and save my pennies from now on.

Linking up now with Fabriholics Anonymous
and will show the results of my fabric fast slip-up later in the year!

Next link up I should have more to show from using up some of my fabric stocks.

Happy Quilting All


4 comments:

Razzle Dazzle Quilter said...

Those are sooooo yummy. Can't waist to see the quilt.

Linda

Katie said...

I also failed this month but I am planning on restarting in Feb and trying to take it into July

Julierose said...

We all fall off that yummy fabric wagon...don't feel bad! I am now busy trying not to buy up every scrapbooking paper out there lol--hugs, Julierose

Sally Trude said...

Oh, are we actually supposed to keep our New Year's resolutions? Fascinating! I bought fabric about 15 minutes into the New Year and enjoyed it all the more. : )