Waiting In The Wings

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Back Home


Yes the quilt for my daughter has arrived back home!
Thanks to Linda at  RazzleDazzleQuilter for all the lovely quilting,
I now have to stitch on around 400" of binding - not looking forward to that one bit.

No quilting done at all this week unfortunately, Christmas preparations seemed to take most of my time,  but tomorrow the family are all getting together for a Christmas meal and I am looking forward to catching up with children and grandchildren.

I am conscious that on 1st January 2014 all of us who have pledged no fabric buying for six months will be working our way through our "to do lists" and our "want to do" lists using up the fabrics from our stash with NO more fabric buying for six months. I am seriously considering putting in an order today and even though the parcel would arrive after the 1st, technically it will still count as stash as it was ordered before the 1st!!

If you would like to know more about Fabriholics Anonymous click below

FabAnon

We have rain forecast here in New Zealand for Christmas Day, shame as we have had a run of super sunny weather but it sounds like we will all be indoors for the day!
Usually the Pohutakawa trees are blooming merrily at this time of year but they are a little late, known as the New Zealand Christmas Tree down here  they are a sight to behold when full of blooms. We managed to take a photo of one just flowering


Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and Peaceful New Year
Maureen

4 comments:

imquilternity said...

It's beautiful! I'll bet your daughter truly loves it when she sees it. Wishing you and your family wonderful holidays together.

Julierose said...

Oh good luck with your fabric diet! (LOL) I tried it and lasted about 2 months last year.....I know I surely will never use up all of my present stash (I mean, really, we don't even buy green bananas anymore at our ages!!)
Good luck Maureen--and Merry Christmas--that quilt is so gorgeous!! I have never sent one out to be quilted...maybe I should start.....hugs, Julierose

Beth in MN said...

Wow! Love the quilt. It is so wonderfully colorful and cheery. Makes a person smile. Daughter should love it.
Merry Christmas!
Hugs

Razzle Dazzle Quilter said...

Thanks for the shout out!

Happy New Year

Linda