Waiting In The Wings

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Fractured Quilt Along Week 6

I am so late today posting about the Fractured quilt and I see that some of the folk taking part have already linked up with Vicki, but I have to wait until Saturday for Vicki to get the link up on Friday US time. If you go along for a visit you can be able to see what we are all working on, there are so many different interpretations of this design.

My quilt is changing in size!
I have a number of things going on in my life at the moment, one of which is upcoming surgery on my knee, I was finding it difficult to get as much sewing on my quilt as I would have liked plus I really didn't know where I would use it. A light bulb moment occurred when I read a post by Wanda at Exuberant Color in which she said she really didn't need a queen sized quilt but more of a throw size - so thanks Wanda, mine has now lost one row on all  four sides also.


It's a really dull rainy day here in NZ and there is not enough daylight coming onto my design wall,  I have had to throw more light onto the work in progress with my tall work light but it is slightly yellowed the colours, lesson learned to take the photograph on the day the sun is shining and not assume the we will still be having good weather the day following. I see I am not straight with my blocks on the left hand side - that's what comes of rushing!

I intend to have all my blocks finished by next Friday but not necessarily sewn together.

This is one of my favourite blocks in the quilt


I love Brassica by Philip Jacobs and have just received more of this design in the two new colourways - see my second post of the day!

Time to go along and see what progress everyone else has made

Maureen

5 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

You can get just as much impact with the lap size quilt as with the big one so you make a good decision. I love that brassica fabric too. I got it in the new yellow colorway.

Julierose said...

Oh, good luck with your upcoming surgery, Maureen--I really love your fractured quilt--it's really shaping up so nicely. Love that brassica block--lovely with that hand-dyed purple-y solid...hugs, Julierose

imquilternity said...

I wish I was there to see your quilt in person since I love the fabrics you've used. I'll bet it is even more gorgeous than it looks in these photos. I made mine a large lap size too since I'm like you and don't need any large quilts. Plus, it's much easier to quilt a smaller quilt. Ulterior motives, you know? :)

Did I already know about your knee surgery? When is that scheduled to happen and how serious is it? Anyway, I wish you luck... any surgery is no fun. How long will the recovery period be?

Barb in Mi said...

I really love your colors - and lap size is plenty big!
Hope your knee surgery goes well.

Sharon said...

This looks great! What a neat pattern, waiting to see finished top