Waiting In The Wings

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Flowers and Feathers

Two posts on the same day once again!

Spent quite some time this week working on the Fractured QAL (see the other post for today), I was determined to have it finished by posting day but didn't quite meet that, just a few more seams to put in.
On the quilting front I am also taking part in Midnight At The Oasis Quilt Along - click the button on side bar to learn more about this beautiful piece and Sharon and Jess who are organising. I was so excited when I saw this was happening I just had to take part.

Feathers - two more glorious colours  from Philip Jacobs - look at these! 







The yellow colourway is actually a little brighter that this photo is showing, both are amazing.

Flowers - a visit to the garden centre with husband last week was intended to just pick up a packet or two of seeds, but it took a huge amount of will-power to leave these three clematis plants behind. 




and the one below was so unusual, I have never seen a clematis like this before


Actually there is something else relating to quilting, last post I spoke about our local bookshop and posted two shots of books bought there last week. We called in again this morning "just to browse"
but I came out with this


So looking forward to reading this one.  I just cannot buy any more books now until the New Year!!!

Hope you're all having a great weekend and don't forget to visit Sharon and Jess by clicking the Midnight at the Oasis button and the one from Vicki for Fractured, until next time

Maureen

6 comments:

Barb in Mi said...

The pics of the Clematis remind me of home/ my parents' garden (in Germany). And I am so tempted of joining Midnight at the Oasis! Hesitant because I have too much going on and not sure if my skill set is going to be good enough. I do have the magazine with the pattern though... - and may just be following/ reading along for the time being. Have a great weekend!

Fibre frenzi said...

I just love your quilts....there's something about quilting which is so special. I always wanted to be a quilter but don't have the patience to be good at the sewing and technical skills. But I really appreciate other peoples' work!

Julierose said...

Uh-oh...now you've got me looking at those Philip Jacobs fabrics, too...they are scrumptious...hugs, Julierose

Anna said...

I've just come across your blog, I love the clematis. I loved NZ when I visited in 2006 for a month and toured mainly South Island and Stewart Island. My son lived in Hamilton, he's now in Oz. Love your qulit work, I'm mainly a printmaker but work with textiles as well; take a look at my blog!

Mystic Quilter said...

Hi Anna thanks for getting in touch with your comment - couldn't seem to find an email address to reply to you.
Great to hear that you have visited New Zealand and enjoyed the visit. I have just had a peek at your blog and love what you do with your print making

sewyouquilt2 said...

your clematis are gorgeous! I may have to consider planting one here. I just bought a home so will be fun to see what the past owner planted in the many gardens.....