Waiting In The Wings

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Fractured Quilt Along Week 2 and Flowers


Fractured QAL 



Well here we are in week 2 and everyone has been soooo busy - except for me!! What lovely work everyone is posting
Head along to Vicki's blog where we are all linking up.

I haven't had a productive week at all with only two more A blocks to show in this post, but I am hobbling around with a stick and helping my husband get ready for his trip to the UK, he will be away just over three weeks and I've also had sewing machine issues, so a little excuse there. I'm hoping to have more time over the coming weeks for speeding up with the blocks and also working on the quilt for my daughter, given that in addition to the usual chores I will be caring for our elderly dog with very bad back legs plus Daisy cat who has kidney failure it will be a case of fingers crossed! Nothing is ever straightforward is it? It's also taking me a lot longer to get things done around the house with this leg problem.

So, below are two shots of my efforts this week. Don't know quite which spot in the quilt these will go, there are only a handful of A blocks to place so need to have more finished blocks on the wall before making a decision. I have also abandoned my original design plan which was working out to be extremely time consuming taking a great deal of planning, given all the issues for me over the next three weeks I decided to simplify my plan. Don't need to make this stressful, it is after all meant to be an enjoyable process, not a chore and I am enjoying it very much.










One thing I did achieve last week was to plant some veggies and in the process I saw my clivias were blooming pretty well this year so had to get a photo of those.


Don't forget - pay a visit to Vicki's blog where we are all linking up

Happy quilting
Maureen

5 comments:

imquilternity said...

Your blocks are lovely, and I know exactly what you mean about it requiring some planning. It's not an easy pattern when trying to plan colors for certain areas.

I love your clivias and they are so healthy and beautiful. I cannot get mine to grow very well at all and don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Good luck with all the "chores" you're going to take on during your husband's absence. I know how that goes too!

Take care,
Terri

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

A couple blocks now and then will pile up quickly and it will be time for the design wall before you know it.

Julierose said...

I love your KF fabrics in this fractured quilt...great choices...I have yet to begin to pick out colors for mine...just reading the pattern and trying to FIGURE it out! Yikes...Julierose

Julierose said...

P.S. I love your flowers--so gorgeous...and your doggie is just so cute, what breed is it???hugs, Julierose

Barb in Mi said...

The fractured blocks are looking great! And I am with you and the planing... Hope your leg is doing better soon!
Happy Spring!