Waiting In The Wings

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Something New

I have, like many others, lots of projects on the go and
all of them need my time.
Today was set aside to work on Gypsy Wife but over breakfast
I was thinking of a quilt seen a few weeks ago on
a blog I follow, this blogger has a great tutorial.
Breakfast over, no Gypsy Wife blocks being cut but
this Cross Cut piece was!
Below is the first stage, this is just a practice piece, and the
second stage will come tomorrow. I'll wait until tomorrow
before giving the link to the tutorial.


I have a feeling that this photo is going to be a bit fuzzy, sorry about that but it's
early evening already here and the light is going.
Two pins are in place where seams meet, or
rather don't meet, and I'll work on those later,
or as it's a practice piece I could just go with the flow and
leave as is.
Measure twice and cut once is a saying I should have
taken more notice of.

8 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Getting strips cross cut into a larger piece to line up on both sides is one of the bane's of my quilting existence. No matter how I mark, pin, etc., lining up is not working.

Debbie said...

You have a great color sense and I like your take on this. Finishing a project is more important than perfection.

Julierose said...

Love that pattern--I came across it, too and have earmarked it for a future project...
love that turquoise background...hugs, Julierose

Quiltdivajulie said...

LOVELY practice piece. Glad you are having fun!

Sally Trude said...

Sounds mysterious! But I'm excited to see your new project.

Rachaeldaisy said...

Ohh You've left us waiting to see what the next stage brings. The first stage is fabulous. I love the slight variation in your background blues and the lattice made with fine lines has a crisp elegance to it.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

This is going to look great... look forward to seeing your next steps!

Kaja said...

I could measure until I was blue in the face and something, somewhere, would still be out of line! If this is a practice piece I can't wait to see what you do next.