Waiting In The Wings

Thursday, November 14, 2013

It's on the way - hooray!

The monster quilt should be arriving at Taupo for quilting any time now!
What a relief to get it off on the courier -  the quilt top was quite a weight to manhandle, no wonder I had sore shoulders!


Didn't have room to put it upon my design wall so this is the best I can do at the moment but I  have a sort of display frame in the garage which has been languishing there for years and I had forgotten all about it - I will resurrect that and use it for photographs. Sorry about the sunlight blocking out the edge of the quilt, turned out to be a lovely sunny day here yesterday.

There were a couple of shots yesterday of blocks for MATO, slight change of plan with background colour so more triangle cutting and the sewing machine will be going flat out this evening so watch for my post tomorrow evening or Saturday (NZ time).
Also have been cutting more narrow strips for these blocks  - good old Accuquilt. 


Two grandchildren arriving from school shortly so better get a move on
See you soon
Maureen

3 comments:

Julierose said...

That is a BIG quilt! Glad your AQ cutter is working for you...hugs, Julierose

Carli The Quilter said...

Looking good, its such a relief to get projects done heh?

Nancy said...

I saw your quilt on Linda's blog and just had to pop over and tell you that it is gorgeous. I love the fabrics and colors that you used. Nice job!